Here I am at the podium in my beautiful black dress accepting three awards!! After my beautiful and heartfelt acceptance speech I will be answering questions and there will be an opportunity for a photo-op before I am off to all of the parties. Okay snap back to reality. Here I really am sitting on my couch in black yoga capris and a blue t-shirt. I will be off to the kitchen soon to make supper and wash dishes. So real life isn’t as glamorous as my day dreams. But in real life I do have three awards to accept!! Pretty awesome 🙂 I have to apologize for not posting about them sooner but I was waiting to find some more awesome blogs to nominate for these awards. One award is new to me and the other two I have received in the past. The first award I received was the Versatile Blogger Award! Awesome award and the rules are to just nominate 10 blogs and link back to the person that nominated you. I would like to thank https://aquileana.wordpress.com for the nomination and you have a chance stop over and check them out 🙂 Now for the nominees.
- https://thatanxiousmom.wordpress.com Blogging for Therapy
- http://littleassholes.com The Joy of Cooking (For Little Assholes)
- https://diapersandtutus.wordpress.com From Diapers and Tutus to Meetings and Boardrooms
- https://sendsunshine.wordpress.com Send Sunshine
- https://theameribritmom.wordpress.com The AmeriBrit Mom
And that’s all she wrote. Sorry I always fall short but hey it’s my blog and I have my own rules 😉 Anyway if you get a minute stop and check these blogs out. It will be well worth it 🙂 The rules for the nominees is to nominate ten other blogs and link back to the person (me) that nominated you, and post the award on your blog.
The next award that I received was the One Lovely Blog Award. Two time winner!! I was nominated by The AmeriBrit Mom. Now you really have to stop and check her out because she is mentioned in this post twice 😉
The final award is the Real Neat Blog Award. Second time 🙂 I was nominated by Send Sunshine so stop on over and check her out. The rules for this award is to nominate and answer seven questions. I am more than happy to answer these burning questions 🙂 For the nominations I am going to nominate every blogger that comes across this post because I feel we all have Lovely and Neat blogs 🙂 Now for the questions.
- What is your favorite T.V or book series? This is a hard one. I am going to go with T.V. because I haven’t read a book series since I was very young. I guess I will go with That 70’s Show. I just love that show!!
- Do you prefer…Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner? I would have to go with lunch. There are so many options for lunch. You can do an appetizer with a salad and soup. Or go all out with a big meal. Of course there is an opportunity to have an adult beverage or two 😉 If I am at home I still prefer lunch.
- Morning, Noon or Night? Noon. Now that I am a mom noon means we are closing in on nap time. Ahhh how wonderful nap time can be. In our world there is about a 95% chance of a nap happening. Bedtime is always a different story….
- The Beach, The Mountains, or a Wide Open Field? The beach. There are so many possibilities at the beach. Swimming, walks, playing in the sand and ice cream. You can also relax with a book 🙂
- When was the last time you paid it forward? Hmm I guess I have never done the whole thing where I paid for someone’s coffee or meal. We do like to donate to and attend fundraisers in our community. We are lucky enough to live in a community that really does pull together when someone is in need so there are always steak feeds and other fundraisers to go to. Of course we attend the Pay it Forward pig roast which we were very lucky to be the recipients a couple of years back 🙂 I love to do up a gift basket to donate and participate in all of the raffles.
- What is your dream of all dreams? Now that I do have my daughter I would have to say this right now; blogging. Of course in my wildest dreams I would be an author of children’s books and maybe even a cookbook.
- Do you have a favorite font or how do you feel about writing in all CAPS? Oh how I love this question!! Yes, I do have a favorite font it is Tahoma!! I really don’t care for all caps unless I am really trying to express a feeling. Neat question I would have never thought to ask this one 🙂
Well folks the dishes (I mean parties) are calling my name so I will have to go for now. Thank you to all of the bloggers that nominated me and to all of the people who stop by and read my blog!! It has been a crazy fun ride so far and I look forward to the future 🙂
Oh my gosh I received another award!! So awesome 🙂 You would think that third time would be a charm and I would have that dress but unfortunately no I do not. I would like to thank Tiny Expats for the award! Definitely go and check her out! She has a very awesome and unique blog. Oh and she is from the Ukraine so she is doubly awesome!!
Just a little background on these awards. Of course it is an honor to be nominated first and foremost. To me it means someone really thinks you are doing a great job. The second factor is that your readers get to know you a little more by answering the questions you are given. I always enjoy answering the questions 🙂 The third factor is the exposure. Not only for your own blog but for the blog that nominated you and the blogs that you nominate. Whether we know it or not we have touched someone’s life somehow. It may be to relate to others through our own experiences or droppin’ a little knowledge 🙂 I have found so many great blogs through posts just like mine about awards.
On to the burning questions that I am happy to answer:
- Who is the person that inspired you the most? Why? I am going to steal from Tiny Expats and go with my grandparents on this one. Both sets of my grandparents were farmers. They worked very hard for what they had and were always there for all of their grandchildren. I was very young when my both of my grandfather’s passed away so I don’t remember too much about them. I was lucky enough to have both of my grandmother’s into my early twenties. Both of them showed me what unconditional love means ❤
- Where do you source your inspiration from whether it be in life or writing? A lot of my inspiration comes from my own life experiences. For some reason working out (especially hiking) inspires me to write. Double positive inspiration and wellness 🙂
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? Do I even have to answer? Of course a cat. What a great life. They sleep 22 hours a day (at least mine does) Food is always aplenty and their toilets are always cleaned for them 😉
- Where is the place you feel the most content and what is it about this place that inspires that feeling? I would have to say at home or with family and friends. I have always felt most comfortable at home or with people I enjoy being with. Having visitors at our home is the best!
- What is your favorite color and how does it inspire you? This one is always hard for me. I would say black for clothes because I am always trying to give the illusion I am smaller than I really am. I am really into decorating with grey and white right now. I do decorate a lot with black too. Since I am still able to pick out Avery’s decorations we use a lot of lavender and white for her room.
- If you could keep only five possessions what would they be? Gah! This one is hard as well. First would be Mason’s things. His pictures, hand and footprints and the molds of his hands. Then it would be my china hutch that my dad built for my Grandma. Third would be the butter dish that my Grandma gave my parents for their wedding. Fourth would be Avery’s baby book. Last but not least my rings. I only have two; my mother’s ring and my engagement ring and wedding band. I know technically that is more than five but I am cheating and grouping them into categories 😉
- What is your favorite memory and how has it inspired who you are today? Oh my there are so many! If I had to pick one it would be when I found out I was pregnant with Mason. It reminds me to never give up and keep pursuing my dreams. He gave our family so much hope and love even though we only had him for a short time ❤ I can honestly say that I remember the exact feeling when I heard those words “Autumn, you are pregnant.” Mason inspires me everyday to be a better person and enjoy life 🙂
- Name the food that makes you the happiest and why? Well, lately I would have to say coffee. It makes me happy because it keeps me awake. But I have to give a shout out to my lifelong friend Sprite 😀
- What is the last book that you read and how did it make you feel? I wish I could say I have read another book since the last time I answered this question but I have not. So I have to go with my old standby which is BossyPants by Tina Fey. Of course it was hilarious and put me in a great mood!
- What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now? Oh jeez! I guess if I took a gander in my crystal ball I would have to say blogging. I have never enjoyed something so much besides becoming a mother. In a perfect world I would be blogging and taking care of my family 🙂
Alright done with Q&A section of this post. On to the cheating portion. Yup I am going to cheat. Since I am such a newbie to the blogging world I am going to nominate as many blogs as I can think of. (I am to nominate seven; but I don’t think I will come up with that many.)
Done with the cheating portion; on to the questions. Sorry I couldn’t come up with more 😦 If I do (which I am sure I will) come across more awesome blogs I will add them and re-post 🙂
10 burning questions for the nominees:
- If you had the opportunity to donate what or who would you donate to and why?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Early bird or night owl?
- Favorite dessert
- Describe your perfect day from start to finish
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Favorite movie
- Warm or cold climate?
Here are the rules for the nominees:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
– Put the award logo on your blog.
– Answer the ten questions sent to you.
– Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
– Nominate seven blogs.
I would like to thank tiny expats again for the award and I can’t wait for the nominees to answer their questions. If you have a chance stop over and check the nominees out. You won’t be disappointed 🙂 Thank you all for reading!! Without you I would never have a chance for an award 🙂
You guessed it I received another award!! Crazy to think that a short time ago I had never received an award in my whole 32 years and now I have two under my belt 🙂 Again no lovely dress or speech prepared so I will give you what I got. Oh and I am living on a few precious hours of sleep after being up all night with a sick Avery. I wonder if celebrities have boogers on their outfits when they are accepting awards? Probably not but since I don’t have a glam squad you may find a booger or two. Super excited for my second award and I really love the name too 🙂
I was nominated by Did You Dress Up For This? I would like to thank her so much for the award 🙂 I just got to know her and she has one awesome blog so stop over and check her out! Of course there are some rules that go along with this award and I am happy to oblige. The first being I have to tell you seven facts/things about me. I know there are some more burning questions everyone has for me that need to be answered so here goes:
- I am Ukrainian. Well, half Ukrainian my dad/personal trainer is 100% and my Grandparents both traveled to the United States from the Ukraine.
- I have never had my ears pierced.
- If I was a boy my name was to be Sal after a baseball player. (So glad I was a girl) When I think of the name Sal I think of a weird guy driving around in a van with a newsboy cap on.
- I am an only child. Sometimes it’s a good thing but it can be lonely.
- I hate birds. Sorry bird lovers but they creep me the heck out. Maybe that is where my love of cats comes from?
- I love pens! I have tons and tons of them. I really don’t discriminate and I switch them out from my purse so the others don’t get their feelings hurt or think I have a favorite.
- I had never rode on an airplane until I was 26 years old. I went on a trip with two of my friends to San Diego 🙂 It was a great trip from what I can remember 😉
Now I am to nominate 15 other blogs for this award. A difficult task since I am so new to blogging; but I am willing to give it a go. I think I am supposed to nominate fairly new blogs but since I am still getting to know people I am going to throw in some others too 🙂 I will list these in no particular order of awesomeness 🙂
- diapersandtutus.wordpress.com From Diapers and Tutus to Meetings and Boardrooms
- littleassholes.com The Joy of Cooking (for little assholes)
- wereonlyhsuman.com We’re Only Hsuman
- tinyexpats.com Tiny Expats
- mymamajourney.org My Mama Journey
- www.myreallifemoments.com My Real Life Moments
- queenofthelandoftwigsnberries.wordpress.com Queen of the land of twigs and berries
- arwenaragornstar.com arwenaragornstar
I know there are only eight blogs but I am living on the edge tonight and like I mentioned before I am new to blogging and still getting to know people 🙂 If you have the time stop and check these blogs out! I promise you will not be disappointed 🙂 Thanks again for the award and to everyone for reading!! Maybe I should really think about getting that dress….
So I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award!!!!! My first award I think ever in my life for anything 🙂 I am beyond excited!! I wish I had a pretty dress and a wonderful acceptance speech prepared but sadly I have neither. The only dress that I own and can get on my body without looking like it was pasted on is a maternity dress so that is not happening. A little info about this reward. First off I was nominated by a wonderful blogger that blogs at https://diapersandtutus.wordpress.com. If you have some time head on over and check her out! You will be happy you did 🙂 Then there are rules that I must follow and I am happy to do so.
- Put the Award logo in my post. (You can see it at the top)
- Answer the seven questions asked by the person that nominated you. (Exciting!)
- Thank the person that nominated you and put a link to their blog in your post. (See link above)
- Nominate any number of other blogs that you absolutely love and link to their blog (See links below)
- Let those awesome people you nominated them (Comment on one of their posts to let em’ know)
I am going to start off my answering the burning questions I am sure you all want to know about me 😉
- What is your favorite book of all time? I have been trying to decide all day and I have narrowed it down to two and I can’t pick just one so they are The Help by: Kathryn Stockett and To Kill a Mockingbird by: Harper Lee
- Speaking of time, if you could travel back to any era which would it be and why? Easy, The 70’s. Okay so maybe it is more like a decade but to me it’s an era. I love the music, style and atmosphere. Life was simpler and it seems like people were happier.
- What is your one guilty pleasure? I have so many but my favorite is watching murder mystery shows. I like real life shows and my absolute favorite right now is Cold Justice. It is an awesome show about a former prosecutor and a former csi that travel to small towns and help solve cold cases. Great show!!
- Reality t.v. love it or hate it? I am going to say I like it. Not love because there is a lot of crap reality shows out there. But there are some I love. My favorite right now is Calling Dr. Pol. Great show about a small and large animal vet located in Michigan. You can also watch The Incredible Dr. Pol but I don’t have that channel 😦
- Why did you decide to start a blog? The first reason was for my daughter. If my cancer comes back I wanted to document the time we spent together so she would always have something to look back on. The second reason was I really do want to help people. Whether it’s making someone feel better or droppin’ a little knowledge about the things I have been through.
- If you were to write a book what would the title be? A very little known fact about me; I have already started on my first novel. At the mere age of 12 I started writing Jessica: The Love Story. It is far from complete and it is written with a blue calligraphy pen. I actually do not have it in my possession at this time. Someone is holding it hostage 😉 I have always been interested in writing children’s books so I am thinking The Adventures of Percy would be a great start for a title.
- Share your favorite quote. Never, never, never give up ~Winston Churchill
Next are the questions for the awesome people I am nominating:
- What is your favorite movie?
- What helps you to relax?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- What scares you the most and why?
- What is your dream job?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?
- What is your favorite day of the week and why?
My nominees are:
https://vrein11.wordpress.com (Horses Dirt and Motherhood)
If you have some time go and check these awesome blogs out!! Thanks again for the nomination and thank you all for reading!!!