Hello my name is Autumn and I am a binge watcher of television shows. I really don’t discriminate I love them all. Right now I am in the midst of Breaking Bad. For some reason I am drawn to shows where people’s morals are being questioned. Maybe I am living vicariously though them. I am constantly gasping and saying OMG when I watch those shows. Literally on the edge of my seat people. I really thought my husband and I were the only ones that binged. Until one day I was watching a talk show and they were talking about people binge watching. I was happy and sad. Happy because there were other people like me and sad because I thought I started a trend and obviously I did not. Over the years I have been on many binges and loved every minute of it. Of course it started with Netflix then it went to DVD’s (not sure why because that isn’t the natural order; but whatever) then I got a DVR. Best day ever!!
Here are some signs that you are a binge watcher:
- You watch more than one episode at a time.
- You are seriously pissed when you go to the store on the day the DVD of said show is coming out and it’s sold out.
- Even in the midst of busy everyday life you carve out enough time to get a couple of episodes in.
- If you are binging with someone and all you have to say is “Should I?” And they know you mean turn the show on.
- If the person you are binging with skips ahead to the next episode with out you and it makes you want to claw their eyes out.
- When you secretly skip ahead and then watch the episodes again with your fellow binger to keep your nasty little secret.
- When the characters on the show enter everyday conversation. Whether it be with your fellow binger or just random people who really don’t give a crap about the show.
- The characters come out of the show and enter your dreams.
- When you start to think the show is real life.
- You start wondering what the characters would be like if you met them in real life. But you can’t meet them in real life because they are not real….
- If you have a weekend free you know it will be spent on the couch, binging.
- When you are forced to return back to the world and somehow you missed a huge world happening.
- When someone tells you about major world happening and your response is “Do you watch said show and can you believe how it ended?”
- You keep the script going in your head after you watch the season finale.
Now that I have given you some signs of a binge watcher I will let you in on some of the many shows I have enjoyed binge watching over the years. I am always here to help a fellow binger fall deeper into this addiction. Just a warning I am going to list some not so family friendly shows. These are shows that you watch when your children are sleeping or for some reason not at home. When those things happen indulge with a bag of chips, your favorite soda or glass of wine. You will need these treats to get through some of these shows.
- Breaking Bad- Still watching but I do recommended it if you are into a drug kingpin type of show and if you constantly want to say “I can’t believe they did that!!”
- Weeds- Similar to Breaking Bad but it also has some humor. You will love and hate Nancy the main character about 100 times an episode.
- That 70’s Show- Love, Love, Love this show. It was my first binge and I loved every minute of it 🙂 It is funny and has some teenage drama with a grumpy father figure (Red) and a hilarious mother (Kitty) A little drug action so not for the kiddos.
- Pushing Daisies- Out of the drug fueled haze and on to this awesome show. It was only on for two seasons but it is wonderful. I would have to say it really is unlike any other show I have ever watched. They are detectives that also work in a pie shop. One of the detectives can wake people from the dead for a short amount of time. You just have to look this one up; it is so worth it.
- Modern Family- Awesome show!! So funny and some times even a tear-jerker. (Cam and Mitch’s wedding; I still cry) Great show and totally worth the binge. You can catch reruns on USA and it is still running on ABC with new episodes.
- The Big Bang Theory- I was skeptical; I have to admit but husband got me hooked! Love Sheldon and Amy they are probably my favorites if you put a gun to my head and made me choose. You can catch reruns on TBS and is is still running on CBS
- The Golden Girls- If I have to explain this one we are going to have some issues. Just watch if you haven’t. I started watching with my Grandma a long, long time ago.
- 30 Rock- It stars and is produced by Tina Fey. Enough said.
So my fellow bingers feel free to let me know of shows that you think I need to binge on. I am always looking for a new fix 😉